Although employees are the most valuable resources that many businesses have, hiring an employee also creates the potential for significant legal liability for your company. Employers must comply with a myriad of regulations including fair hiring practices, anti-discrimination laws, wage and hour laws, unemployment laws, worker-safety laws as well as immigration laws. Failure to comply with any federal, state or local requirements could result in litigation, fines and penalties for your business.
While your company may have a human resources department, or an in-house HR professional, knowing all of the legal rules and making strategic decisions to minimize risk, requires advanced knowledge of the law and how it applies to your company. You need an experienced legal professional to advise you and Monty & Ramirez LLP can help. Our human resources consultants in Greater Houston offer a comprehensive array of services to large and small businesses in Houston, Texas and throughout the rest of the United States.
Human Resources Consulting For Your Business
At Monty & Ramirez LLP, our experienced Houston human resources consultants work with your HR department in all aspects of HR planning while providing comprehensive legal advice. Our attorneys:
- Draft company handbooks, policy manuals and procedures to minimize liability and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Explain and advise on the application of Title VII regulations and other anti-discrimination provisions in the law that apply to the hiring and firing of employees and to the terms and conditions of employment
- Provide guidance on employee benefits issues including compliance with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act as well as the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Employee Retirement Income and Security Act (ERISA)
- Prepare employment and severance contracts as well as separation agreements
- Keep your business updated on legal developments that affect business operations
- Advise employers on discrimination and harassment issues
- Assist employees to manage layoffs and plant closures in compliance with the law
- Provide management training to make it easier for managers and supervisors to comply with requirements and avoid making mistakes that could result in liability for the company
- Assist with compliance of workers’ compensation laws and advise employers on workers’ compensation claims management
These are just some of the many legal tasks our attorneys provide to companies across the United States. As human resource consultants, our goal is to ensure you have the maximum in legal protection and that you take steps to insulate yourself from accusations that government regulations have been violated. With the right advice, you have the best chance of avoiding lawsuits, audits and investigations that can cost your business.
Contact our Human Resources Consultants Today
To find a human resources consultant that can effectively advise company HR professionals on legal matters relevant to business operations, call Monty & Ramirez LLP today to schedule a consultation and learn what our experienced human resources consultants in Greater Houston can do for you. Our attorneys represent closely-held as well as public corporations, nonprofits, public institutions and government entities nationwide.