Ruth Willars’ practice consists of employment and commercial litigation, employment counseling, and regulatory compliance. She represents companies during investigations by regulatory agencies including the Department of Labor, Homeland Security Investigations, Internal Revenue Service, and the Security and Exchange Commission. Given the myriad regulations associated with both small and large businesses, Ruth assists her clients in working through the complexities of running a business and being an employer amidst the austere regulatory work environment the United States has become.
Prior to joining Monty & Ramirez LLP, Ruth was the Chief Compliance and Legal Officer for a registered investment adviser. Before taking the in-house position, Ruth worked at other nationally recognized law firms handling labor and employment litigation, which included allegations of discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour violation and breach of contract.
- Texas Tech University School of Law J.D., cum laude, 1997
- University of Texas at El Paso Bachelor of Arts, Major in History, with honors, 1993
- Licensed by the State Bar of Texas
Admitted to Practice
- State Courts of Texas
- Texas Southern District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Western District Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce